Personal reflections / impact of Young Onset Parkinson's in life of a late-40's musician,husband,father and teacher. Metaphysical implications of disease, musings on life, music, poetry ...

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dag-nabbed gimpy arm....


For a while now, I've found myself somewhat p.o.d and angry with my arm, which has gone gradually gimpy and no longer is that reliable extension of myself it once was. Sober reflection informs me of the stupidity of feeling that way....sort of like if someone hits you with a stick you go and punch the stick. The pinky, the hand, the arm are not the source of the disease ....

So, now I'm just pissed at my brain - fed it right all these years, kept it warm and cozy in my cranium and this is the thanks I get.....sheeesh. This doesn't make much better sense, but its closer...

So - what has caused my braincells to pack their tiny Gucci bags and rush the checkout counter at Hotel Head? Kabbalistic wisdom, karmic processes inform us that physical disease processes are manifestations of things we've put into play through our decisions, actions, decisions not to act....point's back at yourself at some level, but just what/where the message is still eludes me.

In the meantime, there's my stupid brain and 'freakin arm to keep me company.....


No comments: