Personal reflections / impact of Young Onset Parkinson's in life of a late-40's musician,husband,father and teacher. Metaphysical implications of disease, musings on life, music, poetry ...

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Call me Ishmael....


You can call me Modem....you can call me Dave. Neither is my true and legal name, rather an old online moniker taken from days long ago when I had worked selling modems wholesaleback in the days when 9600's baud puppies were hot stuff. Always thought that 'ModemDavid' could be a great name for discount electronics chain, a'la 'Crazy Eddie'.... however, the new generation knows nothing of the modulator / demodulators of yore.

Trying my first attempt at blogging to chronicle and share observations and experiences stimulated by - but not limited to - my recent experience of having been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. Having been diagnosed last December after a slow onset of symptoms stretching back several years has been, at least, a thought-provoking experience. Haiku helps....so does a good glass of wine, or clarifying thoughts on paper. Some of these thoughts I'll post here to share with you ...'guess you're on your own for the wine \___/!

What The Hell: A Life in Hell Fansite

No comments: