Personal reflections / impact of Young Onset Parkinson's in life of a late-40's musician,husband,father and teacher. Metaphysical implications of disease, musings on life, music, poetry ...

Monday, November 12, 2007

My Urines So Bright I've Got to Wear Shades!


My urines so bright

I've got to wear shades!

M-M-M-My Stalevo!s

Hearfelt apologies to Huey Lewis & the News who never in their wildest dreams could think that their little gem of an '80s song would turn up in the 21st 'freakin century as a witty jingle for Parkinson's medication. It they ain't dead this'll kill'em!

This stuff does f**** with your metabolism, no doubt. Anything that turns your pee glow-in-the-dark highlighter yellow and crosses the blood-brain barrier is highly suspect in my book!


With baby boomers now entering the Geezer years we are already seeing a statistical bump in new P>D> cases -only a matter of time till marketers seize the opportunity to 'service' this new consumptive and drug-hungry market niche.

Stalevos biggest competitor is Sinemet. Which sounds better to you?

I'd pick Sinemet! Sounds like a breath freshener...

mmmmmmmm, cinnomeni!


!.. or maybe a pharmacological add on to your favorite Starbucks drink (mmmm-maybe I'll have a
lowfat double Sinemaccino). Now that's good branding!

Stalevo, well geez, thats another story....damn fine drug, IMHO, but needs a marketing makeover. Sounds like it would make your 'shit stanky(!)....which it don't or turns your pee glow-in-the dark yellow, or, in some cases orange (which it do!) is a percieved negative in need of being creatively reframed, re-envisioned as an asset.

'M-M-M-my Stalevo! Its your personal, portable liquid highlighter!

or new STALEVO SUNSET with Orange Affluent!

I dunno....not quite there yet but its a start....





No comments: